AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen this newer Hitachi set yet? I am considering this or the Panasonic TH42PX50U. The space where this will go requires the speakers to be on the bottom. Also Hitachi claims 1024X1024 rather than the more standard 1024X768 of the Panasonic -- is that a visibly noticable advantage?

Any comparison of the two would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi -- Any thoughts on this from those more experienced than I. Do you think the Hitachi has any advantage over the Panny?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
18,319 Posts
This may or may not help but i checked out a few different Hitachi plasmas a few months back as i liked their features and loved the dramatic all-black cabinets but none of the ones i saw in stores had as good a picture as the Panasonics. I don't remember any model numbers or anything, just a general feeling of being let down by their PQ in some stores. I didn't fiddle with any settings so i don't know if PQ could have been made to look better. I just didn't want to risk getting it home to find that it indeed did not look as good as the Panny.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the feed back -- I saw in another Hitachi vs Panny thread that someone there also wondered about the ALiS 1024X1024 -- is that hype or a real advantage?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.