AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in CC today and saw these in the 42" and 50" models. To say that I was surprised how good they looked is an understatement. Were my eyes deceiving me? Any thoughts would be helpful.....Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I bought one today- the Hitachi 42hd55 after looking for several months at various plasmas. I had bought the Costco akai, but after getting it home the picture was so poor I returned it. This time I took the same DVD and played it with a variety of plasma's and liked it the best. Sears had the 42hd50 which is similiar but not the same- I called Hatachi and it seemed the 55 was a more deluxe model- had a black level screen and a simple remote as well as the regular one, and listed for several hundred dollars more. I got the 55 for much less and got a good deal with a wall mount and 2 year extended warranty for $500 less than at sears and much less then I could find on the internet. I have not hooked it up yet- will have to wait for help to carry it. I would like to find out the service menu and recommend setting also.

I really liked the seperate interface box so only one cable goes to the tv.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got the Hitachi 42hdt50 and I am more than satisfied with this purchase. SD looks great, I think it looks better than most plasma. The HD is awesome. I am still playing around with adjustments, hopefully someone else who is better at adjusting, will give some feedback.

That AV center box is cool, now I don't have all these damn cables coming from the back of the plasma.

The only bad thing about getting this TV is, Hitchai announced that they have developed the new ALIAS called E-ALIAS. There next generation of plasmas last up to 60,000hrs (the current hdt50 lasts up to 30,000hrs) till half brightness and the brightness will be at 1100. Contrast will be at 1000:1.

But then I can't wait around, till this TV comes out, might take 1-2 years before this Plasma comes out.

I still don't know what the specs for 42hdt50 are. I also wished there was reviews for this Plasma.

·
Registered
43 Posts
To dowlingm

"What is your location? and more specifically where did you find it? I have not seen the 55 series yet, only the 50."

I called Hitachi about the differences and it boils down to color. He said black was 55 series and silver was the 50. Thats about it. He said other than that, the specs are the same.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dowlingm
What is your location? and more specifically where did you find it? I have not seen the 55 series yet, only the 50.
I bought mine at VideoOnly, in Eugene, Oregon. I think VideoOnly is a ?Northwest chain? When I called Hitachi about the differences between the 50 and 55 plasma, I was told they were basically the same except that the 55 is silver, has a black non-refective screen and has two remotes instead of one, the second one being a "simple" one. It also has a listed price of a few hundred dollars more. Video Only was $500 cheaper than Sears which had the 50, and they threw in a wall mount- Sanus, and a extended warrenty after several hours of talking. My son is coming over to help me carry it out of the car today, and I'll let you know how I like it at home.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.