AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the 42hdt55 and the manual says it is a alis 1024x1024. I had bought the Costco akai and was very disappointed in the quality of the picture with Dish signals and even dvd in spite of changing everything recommended on the service menu. The picture of the Hitachi with Dish signals is much better than I have seen after months of looking than other plasmas, and DVD is great. I don't have access to HDTV at this time. It upconverts to 1080p rather than 1080i. I sit close to it, about 7 feet. The AV control box makes it very easy to hook up, with only one cable to the monitor. The DVI input disables one of the component inputs.

I found out the service menu codes on the AVS forum, but don't know what to do with it. I adjusted it with the old Video Essentials, but it made it way to bright for me, so I had to turn the brightness and contrast way done. It has many more settings on the regular adjustment menu than the Akai, and the remote is very nice. It also has an AV network system with 4 IR mouses to control everything.

Questions: 1. Anyone know what good settings are for this plasma with the service mode or regular mode.

2. What is a good wall height for a plasma- I heard eye level, but does that refer to the top, bottom or middle of the screen.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.