Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I was reading up on the Hitachi 42V525. Specs just posted on the Canadian website and was surprised when I saw:

Key Features

720p HD Format LCD Display1

11 Element High Contrast Lens System

HD LCD 3 Panel Light Engine

New VirtualHDâ„¢

1080p Processing

3:2 Pulldown Detection (Auto/Off)

26 Point Advanced Video Processing

6 Aspect Ratios (Including New 16x9 Zoom)

4 Colour Temperature Adjustment

6500, 7500, 14,700) For Classic Black and White Movies

Day/Night Mode Memory by Input

Direct Input Access

High Contrast 0.098 mm Fine Pitch Screen

First Surface Mirror

Pure Digital Colour Management

Advanced HD Window Split Screen

Adjustable Colour Decoder

Adjustable Gain Control
ISF Calibratin Mode

New 4 Step Black Enhancement

Digital 4 MB 3D Y/C Comb Filter

What is ISF Calibratin Mode? obviously there is a letter missing there so it could be 2 things.

Either ISF Calibration Mode which I guess (hope) would be for settings that would resemble (since I assume it is impossible to duplicate the job of a tech do it live at your home) having your TV ISF calibrated.

OR

ISF Calibrating Mode which (again a guess) would mean a mode to put your TV on when an ISF tech comes to calibrate your TV.

Either way seems like a nod to ISF (a good thing) but I am surprised I never heard of this.

anyone know what this is?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
C'mon Micheal, ISF guru, any idea what this is? It would be an interesting feature and maybe the start of a good trend.

anyone have any info?

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Anyone have any information on getting to the service menu of the 42V525?

Boy, I wish there was a sticky thread containing all the codes needed to enter the service menu for all the TVs out there.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

An advertised ISF mode could mean that the service menu has the ISF mode ... (which is the case over the past 3-4 years) ... easy access for the ISF professional to get to.

Another thing it might be is a ISF mode choice found in the user menu that only shows up after a ISF guy enters a certain part of the TV to customize specific calibrations for day and night. Once this is done ... a new option shows up in the user menu called ISF DAY and ISF Night. Pioneer plasma sets do this once the unit is properly calibrated.

Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.