AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hitachi 43in. model 43UWX10B. They put in a DVD for me to see it in widescreen mode but it didn't look right(he couldn't figure out how to get it in widescreen i think). I was about 6 feet back and it looked like there was fudging on the picture. They were just using RCA jacks, so could that be it?? Also, on the dish demo, it looked like it was stretched and not all that great of a picture.

So what do you guys think? Was it just the way Sears had it set up?? Does anyone have one?? I wanna get that one, as they told me they would match the price, give me the 10% off, interest free financing for a year, and he also offered me a $100 coupon on a big screen.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
RCA jacks?! Good God. That's like taking a BMW for a test drive, but not going over 10 mph. Simply insane. Sounds like the Sears sales guy hasn't a friggen clue. Those morons should have their HDTV's all hooked up to DISH High-Def. That's standard practice for Sears, but some places don't get all the HDTV's set up properly for some reason.

You need to see the set hooked up to a Progressive Scan DVD player via component video cables because the Hitachi is capable of a very nice picture. VERY nice.

I have a 47" Panasonic and went for it instead because it was bigger and cheaper. Picture quality is as good, in my opinion (once tweaked).

·
Registered
168 Posts
The picture on my 43UWX10B is beautiful. Great with DVD and superb with 1080i or 720p. The factory settings were a bit off out of the box, but when tuned with Avia and converged the picture rocks.

You can put the same question to a whole bunch of Hitachi HDTV owners here, as well as read about both good and bad things about the Hitachi's: http://www.***************.com/cgi-b...ubb=forum&f=63

The main unsolved complaint I have heard is production line quality. Some people end up sending their first set back for one problem or another. But Sears is real easy to work with on this, and once you get a good one, the picture is great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.