AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to see the Panasonic PT-47WX51 since it is the right size for my space and was disappointed with the image, believing that the set was not properly set up I went to another store and experience the same disappointment, the image is too washed, then I saw the new Hitachi 43UWX10B and was blown away by the image quality of this TV in HD feed and in regular TV feed, it's also the perfect size for my space. I would like your expert advice on this TV regarding the technical specifications before jumping on the wagon.
http://www.hitachi.com/products/cons...Z9Q1KOSPC.html

Thanks in advance for your reply

JAH

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi JAH,

I own the Hitachi 43uxw10b and, as your link to the Hitachi specs notes, this model has 1200 pixels per horizontal scan line (i.e. 1200 x 1080).

I tried to find the pixel specs for the Panasonic 47wx51, but could not find this info on their web site.

Of course, the difference in screen width in this case just a smidge over 2 inches--so if each were 1200 or so, it wouldn't matter much. However, if the horizontal pixel count of the Panasonic were only 1000....it would be noticeable.

It seems that some manufacturers are removing this info from their web sites. I know that there are many other factors which affect clarity, but this is an important number.

Anyone know the horizontal pixel number for this model?

Regards,

Eric

Let me live long enough to afford 1920 x 1020

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
I have the 61UWX10B and the only problem I have is the fact that when changing channels my millosecond mind thinks it takes too long to switch! Anyone else notice this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.