Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I am new here. Just purchase a Hitachi 50v500. was deciding between this and the Panasonic PT50LC13. It's a close call, the Hitachi offer better PQ to my eyes but the Panasonic offer more connections. the final decision come down to Hitachi has a better reputation.

·
Coyote Waits
27,309 Posts
OK. Which one of you guys is going to buy a DVD player with DVI output or build a HTPC and connect it via DVI.

Your subjects await your first report.

·
Coyote Waits
27,309 Posts
The manual (pp 11) says that you can't play a DVD through a PC. To be sure it would need to be tested. None of the manufacturers want to be fielding PC related service calls.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by htwaits
OK. Which one of you guys is going to buy a DVD player with DVI output or build a HTPC and connect it via DVI.

Your subjects await your first report.
I am still undecided whether I should get a DVI DVD player right now, I read some great review on the Samsung 931 and I like it's look but I just bought a Pioneer elite Dv47 a few weeks ago, no sure how much an upgrade the samsung would be in turns of PQ.

Is there anyone using the setup of Samsung 931 with 50v500 yet?

thanks

Mike

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I'm waiting to receive my 50v500 today... woohooo. Of course, delivery is scheduled for 4:45PM (boo) at the earliest--guess I will be staying at work all day long :-(...

Oh well, I still can search the a good DVD player to go with it. Any suggestions?

Cheers

·
Registered
404 Posts
Smooth,

I just received my Denon 1600 last night and hooked it up to my 50V500. I had been waiting to see LOR Two Towers on the whole set up but I was not overly impressed. I'm guessing it was the movie. Some day light seens looked grainy.

After that I watched a little of Star Wars AOTC and it looked much better. I am going to try Fifth Element Super Bit tonight to see how that looks, but I am more incouraged now that I realise DVD quality shows through on this big digital screen.

If you get an oppurtunity to try the Samsung HD931 through DVI let us know. I did not buy it when we suspected that 720p would not go through in its pure digital form. Now that we have been told that it will, I am looking to here from someone that try's it.

I'm going to hang on to my Denon for a while since it supposedly is a very good unit. Hopefully next year I will splurge for a DVI.

Let me know if you try the new Digital Video Essentials. I am going to try to buy a copy this weekend.

:cool:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike917
I am still undecided whether I should get a DVI DVD player right now, I read some great review on the Samsung 931 and I like it's look but I just bought a Pioneer elite Dv47 a few weeks ago, no sure how much an upgrade the samsung would be in turns of PQ.

Is there anyone using the setup of Samsung 931 with 50v500 yet?

thanks

Mike
I'm curious about this too. I have a brand new Panasonic XP-50 still in the box, and would like to know if I should get the Samsung 931 instead. :confused:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by klemsaba
Poolshark:

Got any pictures of your new toy?
Not yet, I keep moving and rearranging the set. Hopefully I will finalise my set up this weekend after everything is hooked up and calibrated.

:D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by fourizonly
I'm curious about this too. I have a brand new Panasonic XP-50 still in the box, and would like to know if I should get the Samsung 931 instead. :confused:
Hello fourizonly

I think if you have the choice to exchange the XP-50 to a Samsung 931. You might want to do it since the Samsung offers similar component video performance but also potiential superior video quality in DVI.

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.