AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I miraculously fixed my Hitachi 50v500. It came with the dreaded black spots, and I noticed a little foam piece needed to be pushed down a bit until it was securely under a little plastic lip. Better than waiting a week for some repair guy to come out and do the same thing. Works perfectly now!

If you were to do this, by say, accidentally removing the front screen so as not to void your warranty, look down in the center to where the projector head is (for lack of a better term). Surrounding it, you will see the culprit foam. If you were to turn the tv on, you would see some of the foam get lit up. That's bad. Push the foam down. The light is free to shine fully now, and goodbye black spots.

It's really that simple.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Any photos?

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Sounded to me like the warrenty wasn't broken...

·
Registered
17,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Amazingly Smooth
Sounded to me like the warrenty wasn't broken...

Not only broken, but smashed into smitherenes. :D :D

Matty:

Does it look like gravity was the only thing keeping the foam in place??

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In my honest opinion, I don't know how the foam would settle into that position during shipping alone. Looks like something that happens at the factory. Gravity is not the only thing keeping it in place...there is a lip it fits under so that it won't pop up. If it was properly fitted under the lip in the first place, it would take some real hefty jostling during shipping to move it.

Turning the tv on its side wouldn't do it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I let a repairmen do the honors on my 50V500 today.

I think a disgruntled Hitachi line worker is to blame or could it be a Sammy DLP engineer trying to thwart what he knows to be a superior set?

·
Registered
16,728 Posts
Considerating that he saved Hitachi a service call ($$$) they (Hitachi) shouldn't complain!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.