AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past few days I have been trying to find out the lifetime of the lamp in the Hitachi LCD Projection TV 50v500. I posted a thread in this website but nobody seems to have this information.

Today I called Hitachi and they tell me that they cannot determine the life of the lightbulb because it depends on how much you use the TV. The price of the lightbulb is $287.60 which is a considerable cost to spend periodically throughout the life of this TV.

I would like to raise this issue among potential 50v500 buyers since I believe that Hitachi is withholding this information because it would hurt the sales of this TV.

Be an informed buyer before getting into this potentially very expensive piece of equipment.

·
Banned
29,681 Posts
It's probably comparable to the Panny LCD and GWII Sony... and the bulbs in DLP.

Most are 2000-8000 hours.

Adverage is 4000.

Again... this does depend on how much you use the TV.

Sony is a little optimistic... because my GWII looked awful at 3400 hours... and when I sold it off because and replaced it with a brand new one... the New out of the box GWII was night and day better and brighter....

I would plan to replace within 4000 hours..... that way your not upset when you realize you should and don't get 8000 hours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.