Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just bought Hitachi 51 SWX20B open item from CC about 2weeks ago.

I am noticing the screen color going all light pink for 1/10 second (is this called "flickering"? ) and then coming back to normal colors when watching satelite tv input. This happens about every 20-30 mins during any channel watching. However, when I am watching DVD, that color change does not happen. I've asked CC and local TV store, they said that it might be the bad signal from the satellite or bad internal tv part. Funny thing is they never heard of this kind of problem before. In short, is this fixable or this need to be returned. I would like to keep the TV, since I paid really good price for it.

Thanks,

Stephen

·
Registered
423 Posts
No, that is not the same as the two flickering problems that have been identified. The first flicker problem people see is a result of 1080i scaling from 480. There is a white flicker at the fringe of the top portion of the screen. Not all TVs are seeing it. When you switch to 540p, things seem to work fine.

The second problem is a green flicker in darker scenes with all inputs across the whole screen. This problem has been fixed with the replacement of the green CRT.

Bill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.