AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I've been browsing here for some time in hopes to get some answers to my problem. I have finally decided to register and post about my problem as I have still not found a solution.

I purchased a Hitachi 51F500 about 4 years ago (I think, may have been longer). It worked great for sometime and I was really happy with my purchase. About a year ago, something has happened to the TV that caused a serious issue with the quality of the picture. The TV was not moved, dropped, etc ... during this time.

The issue is that the color RED is super bright and bleeds quite a bit. I have to have the color setting set at 5% or less or else anything colored RED vibrates and is bright and bleeds. Overall, the picture quality seems to have worsened.

Since I still had warranty on the TV when this first happened, I had asked that a Technician come to my house to see what the problem may be and fix it. I was not at my house at the time the Technician was there, however, was told that the problem was corrected. When I looked at the TV after the Technician had left, I noticed that he left it in Service mode (menu). The problem was and is still there today!

I spent a little time playing around to see if I can fix things myself, but I don't know enough, understand enough not trust myself enough to do more.

I would hate to spend tons of money fixing the problem, but if there is a solution or my problem sounds similar to something heard of, I am willing to give this a try. I imagine that I will be buying a new TV within the next couple of years.

Thanks in advance for listening (he - well reading)!

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
Welcome to the forums. See http://archive.avsforum.com/avs-vb/s...hreadid=184842

Also, try using the Google search atop this page using your brand/model and the term red push. Toned down the red in my year-2000 CRT PRTV recently with a 1-dB line attenuator for the red input (YPbPr). Service menu adjustments (red decoder) for most sets are preferable (link above and other posts). If adjustments--or various input attenuations-- won't correct it, troubleshooting for a malfunction will be needed. -- John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts