AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They had the TV in the corner next to some DLP and LCD Tv's. Obviously the picture on an $800 is not going to match the sharpness of the other HD TV's but it looked really bad compared to the others. It didn't even look like HD.

My question is: Can the factory pre-sets be adjusted to improve what I saw at the store? I don't expect the same quality picture of what I would get by spending $5000 but I am hoping that the set I looked at is capable of more than what I saw today.

Thanks for any help.

· Registered
290 Posts
The pic on these RPCRTs looks terrible in the stores (probably by design...
). I bought a 57F59A a few months ago, and after a few minor tweaks in the user menu, I would say that the PQ stands up there with any plasma, LDC or DLP I've seen--and it's a fraction of the price. I got mine at CC and in the store they have the RPCRTs on an inferior feed compared to the other sets costing 2X - 5X the price. Check out this thread for lots of info:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=687477

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a relief .

I read through some of the other Hitachi F59 threads (not all of the 2600 replies) and it looks like there are some setting recommendations but I was hoping to see if anyone else had a similar experience at the store.

I should also mention that when I asked the girl at BB for the remote that she couldn't find it. I wanted to use it to tweak the settings rather than kneel in front of the TV and try to do it that way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.