AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying a TV for my parents and I'm trying to decide between the Hitachi 51G500 and the 51SWX20B. I myself own a 57TWX20B so that is the type of Hitachi that I'm familiar with.

For thos of you that own or have played with the new G500's and F500's, is there ISF menu accessible as it is in the *WX models like my TWX?

I notice there's no DVI input or AVNet for the G500 and the remotes are different too.

Any other little differences (missing) extras between the two models that I should know about before buying?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

The so called "count down timer" in the service mode has not yet been implemented. You are free to tweak away without fear ... mostly.

Regards

·
Registered
853 Posts
You'll need to tweak...the unit we used (out of the box, but a CES show sample) at Widescreen Review for the analyzer shoot-out measured in excess of 60,000 Kelvins at 80IRE. Now, this might be a "problem child" and not at all representative of production units, but it is certainly worth monitoring!

·
Banned
29,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Coyotes
You'll need to tweak...the unit we used (out of the box, but a CES show sample) at Widescreen Review for the analyzer shoot-out measured in excess of 60,000 Kelvins at 80IRE. Now, this might be a "problem child" and not at all representative of production units, but it is certainly worth monitoring!
Wow

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Isn't 60,000K just simply blue? As Joel Silver would say. :D

Regards

·
Registered
853 Posts
Quote:
60K is high.....isn't it?