Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all:

Well much to my dismay I have to admit that my concerns as to how Sears might address a Gemoetry/Convergence issue on my new 51SWX20B were completely unfounded. The service guy took one look at my set (very slight geometry issue) and called his parts center and ordered an overlay for the TV screen so that he could properly converge it. I really thought he was going to try to eyeball it! I am guessing he will adjust overscan at the same time. Next week my TV should be pretty close to perfect. The tech told me I might even be able to keep the overlay for future convergence adjustments. I wonder if he will also calibrate greyscale... ah wishful thinking.

My compliments to the Sears sercice center and their HDTV techs!

John

·
Registered
621 Posts
If he adjusts the geometry based on the JIG "Overlay" then the overscan will be approximately 5.5% both hoizontal and vertical. That is the overscan based on the standard JIG. They make aftermarket jigs for those who want to reduce overscan to say 4.5 or 5%. You can also do this after the geometry using AVIA, it will be pretty close.

Hopefully he'll remember to save all his work properly in the DCAM, or the first time you hit Magic Focus when he's done, everything will go back to where it was. ALSO: If you do adjust overscan below 4.5%, be carefull. If you make it too low, Magic Focus can't adjust to the sensors and stops working. You can get it back, but that's another issue. Later.... Mike.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.