AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a big difference between the 51S500 and the 51SXW20B? I'm getting ready to buy one from Hitachi's website for family and employees for $1,999.00. I hear the hybrid wideneck CRT in the SWX is better than the S500. Will it make any difference if I save money and went with the 51SWX20B? Thanks, Guy from San Diego.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by blkavngr
Is there a big difference between the 51S500 and the 51SXW20B? I'm getting ready to buy one from Hitachi's website for family and employees for $1,999.00. I hear the hybrid wideneck CRT in the SWX is better than the S500. Will it make any difference if I save money and went with the 51SWX20B? Thanks, Guy from San Diego.
Dear Ken, :D or... should I say Blkavngr. I own the 51swx20b and I love it. After much research on this forum and others, I choose it over the s500 for the reasons you mentioned above. But don't ask me ask Mfusik he's not lying on this one.

Keep your sunnyside up!:p

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
There are reasons the s500 is better including the day/night mode, better 4:3 stretch (probably most important)and scaler. Those who've owned both sets say picture quality is a wash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.