AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I curently have an old Hitachi Ultravision 53" that I have been very happy with. The price for the 53FDX20B has just dropped substantially and I can use it as a drop in replacement for the custom installation that was done a few years ago. The picture quality that I have seen in the stores has been predictably store quality and I need input from those that have this set and have had it properly calibrated.

Are ther any issues with this model that I should be aware of?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mfusik:

The current set is installed behind a Birds Eye Maple panel with only the screen in view. I will install a front projection unit in a few years with a screen that drops down in front of the fdx. I will use the FDX for daily sport and the projector for serious viewing.

Any other insight into the quality of the picture other than geometry?

·
Registered
853 Posts
If I am understanding the entandre, I think you are going to have to search far and wide for a set that even comes close to reproducing the color space coordinates properly to allow you to view Ferrari red in any way that it looks when you are passing Reubens. ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Hitachi will be in the wall well before the Ferrari will be in the Garage. Though the name is the same, the pay is different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.