AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have taught my Pronto the commands from the Hitachi 5500 remote. Some commands, though, seem to work better than others. I have to say that I am bouncing the signal from the front wall, using an IR eye, via CAT5 to the emitters and equipment in the back of the room. This is is a bit of simplification, but in essence that is the system.

When I press the Pronto to turn the unit ON, there is no hesitation and I can aim the Pronto fairly liberally towards the general direction of the IR eye.

However, when I try to turn the unit OFF, I invariably need to have the Pronto aimed almost vertically and at an approximate 45 degree angle to the fron wall, for the signal to take. I also need to be narrowly aiming at the IR eye. If I aim the Pronto Horizontally and squarely to the wall, the IR eye does register receiving a signal, but the projector does not seem to get it. The same thing seems to happen when I try to change input using the Pronto.

All my other equipment responds adequately to the Pronto signal. Does someone have a clue as to what may be going on here?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
what happens when you use the hitachi remote with the IR eye does that work okay?

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have no problem with my Pronto and 5500. I set up the power off by sending a power signal, 3 delays and another power. It's worked every time.

Chuck Davis

·
Registered
20 Posts
Cai,

I use the Pronto with my Hitachi and have had no problems with it at all. Even if I point directly away from the projector, the projector picks up the signal, no problem.

I imagine the codes are corrupted on your Pronto. You can relearn the codes or download someone else's CCF file.

If you are interested, PM me and I will send you my CCF file when I get home tonight.

I sure wish there was an easy way to change the aspect ratio setting. Too many button presses to work effectively. If anybody has found a work around, I would love to hear of it.

Bruce

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your comments.

Tycoondog:

The projector remote works fine.

QQQ:

I have tried relearning the codes. I will try it again.

Chuck D:

What do you mean by three delays? How do you code that? Why the delays?

BruceB:

Pm sent.

·
Registered
332 Posts
When you power off the 5500, you press power once and press it again in response to the power off message. If you set up a "Power off" button on your Pronto projector panel, you can cause a series of events to occur when the button is pressed. Double click on the "Power off" button in Pronto Edit, select an Alias of the learned power button, click delay three times, and select an Alias of the power button again. This causes a power command to be transmitted, followed by a delay of .3 seconds, and then a power command to be transmitted again. This all happens when you press the "Power off" button you created.

Chuck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.