AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What exactly does the "Progressive" setting in the Hitachi 5500 Input menu do? I see no difference between any of the settings (TV/Film) .

Vas

·
Registered
327 Posts
Nor me. If there is a difference it must be subtle. I'm more concerned with other issues with this projector at the moment, such as why do I see jaggies and horizontal lines during motion with an HDTV signal.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I haven't done any testing yet, but I'm sure that the "Film" setting has to do with processing 3:2 pulldown. Movies are filmed at 24 frames per second and the video is shown at 30 frames per second. The "Film" setting should resolve that difference. If you do a search on 3:2, there should be plenty of discussion on it. I know that I could see quite a difference when I was experimenting with dTV. It might be related to S-video and composite only. I'm assuming that's true for the "TV" setting and it might have to do with de-interlacing.

Chuck

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is what the user manual says about the "Progressive" setting:

"Select Progressive Mode: Select the mode suitable for the input signal

with the and buttons. The TV mode and the FILM mode convert the

interlaced video signal into the progressive signal. The FILM mode is adptable 2-3 Pull-Down system to the conversion.

Use this function to raise resolution, at the interlaced video input except HDTV signal. "

What is 2-3 pulldown?

My test was with S-video and there was no difference.

Vas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.