Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Been mostly lurking here for about a year and am getting close to pulling the trigger on a FP. All things (Budget, Rainbow,Screen Door etc) considered, I'm leaning toward the Hitachi 5500, So:

1. Where to see one ( Don't know if I'm brave enough to order one unseen) in the Dallas, TX area?

2.Comments on Purple push & other defects.

3. Best dealers (would like dead pixel guarantee)

4. Anything else the formidable minds and talents of this forum might offer to encourage/discourage this option.

Desires in a FP:

Low to none Screen door ( HT seating distance roughly 1.3 x width of 101" DYI Screen )

Above average brightness ( Can't totally control light and would like to watch in the day time, football etc. )

Acceptable contrast and color reproduction ( I certainly wouldn't qualify as as a videophile )

Been said many time before, but I wish to pass along thanks to AVS and all forum members for the invaluable info posted here. I can't think of anywhere one could get more sincere and trustworthy opinions than here and in the end my decision will be based on them.

Thanks in advance,

Pat

·
Registered
211 Posts
The Hitachi is on my short list too. I posted a couple of weeks back asking where in Houston I could demo/purchase the 5500 (along with my short list of other PJ's under consideration), as I too am a bit (quite) reluctant to make a big ticket purchase like this without first assessing screen door, black/purple levels, etc., etc. BTW, I did not get an answer to my posted question.

Anyone have any suggestions for checking out the 5500 in Houston?

Thanks,

Trey

·
Registered
101 Posts
Pat amnd Trey

I had contatced my local Hitachi PJ dealer and told him that I am looking for a HT pj and gave him my short list. I also told him that if he gives me the right price and I like the pj I will buy it from him. He then brought in for demo 2 pj at my home on a Saturday. I liked the Hitachi and bought it from him and he matched the lowest price I could find. They are one of the largest pj dealers in the US and have several offices all over the country. I know since then several forum members have bought the pj from him. He has been very helpful and have replaced my pj once without any questions.

So you may want to follow my path and find a local dealer or follow the banner ad of projector people on the top or pm me and I will give you the name and telephone of the dealer.

I think if you are looking for a good quality pj and not a videophile, you will find this pj very good.

DP

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.