AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Toshiba model after Thanksgiving and have been, for the most part, pleased with the picture. My only problem is that the backgrounds on many pictures from Direct TV have a very pixelated look in the background. I have a 106' screen with an Optoma HD70 projector in my basement and have had no problems with pixelization on any direct tv channels. This includes the HD channels. The last new episode of Battlestar Galactica was nearly unwatchable when Tyrol was making his revelations about the location of Earth because of how pixelized the background was. Is this pixelization typical of plasma models? I have until the 24th to return it to Best Buy. My buddy recently got them to sell the Hitachi model for significantly beneath their advertised price. I am wondering if the Hitachi model is considered to have better picture quality. Is pixelization a problem with this tv? I need to go tonight to make sure I get the price my buddy got, so any help will be greatly appreciatted.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I think the Hitachi looks far better than the Toshiba. Plus you're getting an extra 5" of screen diagonal. If it works out in your budget, I'd say jump on it.

But as far as pixelation goes, the SciFi channel on DirecTV is pretty crappy compared to most others(with only SpeedTV really looking worse IMO). Maybe the feed was bad?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.