AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Hitachi 55HDT79 after 4 years is giving out. It first went black with the sound still working. I shut it off and let it cool before restarting and the screen comes up with with white horizontal lines fully across it like a white film on the picture. the white indicators (like channel) drag in horizontal lines down the screen like a slow motion trail. Once it warms up, it goes back to black.

Hitachi is very optimistic since it still shows something on the screen, but the, Hitachi recommended, local repairman has never had a screen problem with a Hitachi (only sound) and is willing to work his way through it. Reading other guy's postings, not sure I want to go down that path.

I have a friend / repairman that can replace the parts if I can get a clue of what parts are needed. I don't want him coming all the way over just to tell me to order these parts. I figure I can buy extra parts just to be safe and still come out ahead if I purchase rebuilt components.

Does anyone know the cause of my screen problem?

Parkrds

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I would have it repaired proper. You don't know for a fact without getting it checked out that there isn't a problem with the screen itself. If you go out buying parts, you could be spending a lot just to find out that the screen itself is to blame, which coincidentally is the most expensive part of a plasma display.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts