AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had this happen, and get it fixed?

I have found what looks like DP65 SVC SCREEN ASSY 57 listed at $250.

I am not sure this is what I need.

Dang ! It is about 25% of the purchase price. Might want to think about buying a new unit and part it out !

Thanks,

Brent

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFR /forum/post/0

Ouch! Running with the scissors?

Don't know how old your Hitachi is, I guess you have an ecomonic decision to make.

I figured scissors too

Her little sisters tell us she was using the remote to point out some boy on the TV screen (up close) Banging the remote against the screen.

Unit is about 75 days old .

· Registered
95 Posts
Wow, that's terrible, I would be sobbing right now. Things like that are why I don't want the kids in the room with paint ball guns, air soft guns, basically anything but pillows! I know this is a long shot, but...I have had some success by pleading (groveling) for assistance from manufacturers by emailing them, telling my story of woe, and telling them that I have been a longtime customer, like the product, and any help they could give me now would go a long way to remaining a customer in the future. It sometimes takes a couple of tries (different cust. service reps??) and maybe asking for a supervisor to get involved. Explain that installation costs PLUS the cost of the part are making you lean toward another set (manufacturer) but if you could get them to assist you with the price, you would love to stay with your current tv. It may be of no help, but I have gotten assistance ranging from free items to 50% off items. Joe Rocket, Sony, AGV Helmets to name a few...I hope you have some success.

· Registered
25 Posts
now I know i'm not crazy for freaking when my 4 year old walks by my screen, i'd call hitachi, and see if they can send you another panel, you should be able to do this yourself as your model comes in 2 peices, how much for plastic screen? i'd guess around 200 or so, but i think it would be worth fixing myself

· Registered
22 Posts
The screen on mine also was torn a few days ago (I don't want to say how because I am still furious). The unit has less than 500hrs on it. I have not been able to find a solution and contemplating of just getting a 57F59A again. I am thinking that if anything other than the screen breaks again, at least I would have some spare parts, theoretically speaking.

Anyone has ever done this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.