AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TV has worked flawlessly for years. All of a sudden today I heard a loud snap sound and then there was no picture. Pressing the menu, volume, channel buttons do not bring up anything on the screen. The tv clicks when I turn it on and the red light comes on but thats it. I took the back panel and checked the 3 fuses and all were good. Any ideas? I hope its worth fixing....

·
Registered
114 Posts
My old Hitachi did the same thing turn out to be a cold solder joint on the tv. Had it repaired in my house for $120 it took about 5 minutes for the repairman to find the problem and another 20 minutes to fix it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, still no luck. I've got the back panel and top section off but can't find any sign of damage. No blown capacitors, no burnt fuses, no burnt areas, no cracked solder joints that I can find. Anyone have any other ideas or something I should test or check for?

·
Registered
114 Posts
did you unscrew the main board and look at the solder joints on the underside of the board ? when the service guy fixed mine he turned it on he watched for the little lights on the board to light up when one of the lights went out he found a cold solder joint ( dull looking solder) in that area on the bottom of the board. good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.