AVS Forum banner

4661 - 4680 of 4706 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunpcrepair /forum/post/19886593

Last night my 2 year old just kicked a tap shoe through the screen of my tv.....are there any replacement options? 57f59 it only went through the ribbed layer

Legally, I think you're obligated to keep her. But I don't blame you for asking!

·
Registered
9,827 Posts
Damn! That's a pretty powerful 2 year old! Don't get in her way...

And yes, I am sure you do have to keep her...

I can get replacement screens, my best deal is for Mitsubishi HDready lenticulars, the same ones used on all their superb HDreadys. High gain and wide dispersion. But I can get you the OEM Hitachi lenticular screens as well if you wish to stay factory.

Contact me off board -

b

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a Hitachi 57F710, In the service menu under TA1360, mine say no DATA.

There's no options to change anything, Do you change (or have the options to change)

these setting while in the service mode sub menu? I would like to change the setting for

STATG20

STATG10

ColorG

But i cannot find them.

Thanks , For a great forum!

·
Registered
6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajshoe /forum/post/19885892

have the 51f59A version. My set worked perfect and lately after changing inputs would go blank (black screen with OSD working). Now the set seems to be locked in an input mode with black screen with OSD working. when changing inputs - doesn't seem to change. Left set off work 4 weeks and cable input worked - try changing inputs and back to black screen. Any suggestions ? Someone mentioned that this is a bad transisitor on the signal board ? thanks, John

FIX: open set up - on signal board found a little blue push button switch - hit it and set now works in antenna input.

·
Registered
11,380 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketwatch62 /forum/post/20003602

I have a Hitachi 57F710, In the service menu under TA1360, mine say no DATA.

There's no options to change anything, Do you change (or have the options to change)

these setting while in the service mode sub menu? I would like to change the setting for

STATG20

STATG10

ColorG

But i cannot find them.

Thanks , For a great forum!

I have the F59, the successor. Does yours say "No Data" or is there just no data? You may find the same settings under a different menu. Have you looked? Standard warning: write down ALL original values before changing anything. And remember that you have to hit "enter" to get any changes to "stick."

·
Registered
11,380 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajshoe /forum/post/20022197

FIX: open set up - on signal board found a little blue push button switch - hit it and set now works in antenna input.

You had somehow gotten into the service menu. Frustrating, but no harm done.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast
I have the F59, the successor. Does yours say "No Data" or is there just no data? You may find the same settings under a different menu. Have you looked? Standard warning: write down ALL original values before changing anything. And remember that you have to hit "enter" to get any changes to "stick."
Mine actually say's NO DATA in the TA1360 sub menu.

Thanks

·
Registered
11,380 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketwatch62 /forum/post/20044771

Mine actually say's NO DATA in the TA1360 sub menu.

Thanks

Sorry, can't help you, then. You'll need to find someone with that particular model. Thread for the F710:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...php?p=17614675

or post to Mr. Bob's "Don't Dump...." thread.

Good luck.

·
Registered
83 Posts
so , havent really been in this thread in a while

havent used this tv in over a year

recent got a ps3 and tried setting up through hdmi and it didnt work

cannot get a screen at all

this tv probably has never been updated and i remember problems with this 75 or so pages ago

can some one direct me to info for an update card

or a link

thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I'm hoping someone will be able to help me. After several years of putting up with what are apparently HDMI software problems I finally found this thread with the solution. AWESOME! Then the failure... As soon as I go into the diagnostic mode and select "service", the screen goes black. I've left it that way for about 20 minutes and nothing ever happened. I tried unplugging it for awhile and giving it another go with the same result. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
9,827 Posts
The Service option presents a horizontal white line, used for setting up your Screen controls on your focus block. It's done the way we used to do on the old direct views - get the line white/gray/uncolored using the Screen controls.

If your screen is going black in this mode, your screen controls are turned down too low. If your brightness/shadow detail is perfect, then your sm cutoffs are up too high, to compensate. In an ideal world, anyway...

When you get your Screen controls just right and the line is white, the cutoffs will then need to be redone/reduced for excellent grayscale, which means winding up with sizzling balance between red green and blue in your dark grays, making your grays the color of the clouds on a cloudy/overcast day.

If you have excellent grayscale and shadow detail as we speak, LEAVE IT ALONE! Don't touch your Screen controls, and don't touch your Cutoffs in sm.

Freeze! Step away from your set...

The grayscale learning curve is not for the faint of heart! Michael, tell him what I'm talking about -

b

·
Registered
2,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bob /forum/post/20346046

The Service

The grayscale learning curve is not for the faint of heart! Michael, tell him what I'm talking about -

b

Not Michael, but I can atest that you need dedication, time and the willingness to get it right. It took me many hours and help from others (Michael one of them) to get it right... and of course YOU SIR. For sure not a one day event, but doable and very rewarding when you get it right.

·
Registered
9,827 Posts
Thanks Leo, couldn't have said it better myself. You and Michael are 2 of my favorite people!

b

·
Registered
11,380 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bob /forum/post/20347973

Thanks Leo, couldn't have said it better myself. You and Michael are 2 of my favorite people!

b

Wow, thanks!

And for Max, heed the advise of Master Bob:

"Freeze! Step away from your set..."

Your picture may not look as good as some of the screenshots here (very few do), but, unless you want to embark on a whole new hobby (which, by the way, carries the risk of trashing your set), leave well enough alone.

Michael

·
Registered
11,380 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukin4u /forum/post/20170978

so , havent really been in this thread in a while

havent used this tv in over a year

recent got a ps3 and tried setting up through hdmi and it didnt work

cannot get a screen at all

this tv probably has never been updated and i remember problems with this 75 or so pages ago

can some one direct me to info for an update card

or a link

thanks

There were no "updates" for the set. There was a service menu fix for color flickering and a board swap for a shifting of the image to the side. Unless you don't get a picture any other way (which you don't specify), this is more likely a problem with the ps3 (Leo, can you help him here?) or a handshake or cable problem, any of which is more likely that the set just not working after a year.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bob /forum/post/20346046

The Service option presents a horizontal white line, used for setting up your Screen controls on your focus block. It's done the way we used to do on the old direct views - get the line white/gray/uncolored using the Screen controls.

If your screen is going black in this mode, your screen controls are turned down too low. If your brightness/shadow detail is perfect, then your sm cutoffs are up too high, to compensate. In an ideal world, anyway...

When you get your Screen controls just right and the line is white, the cutoffs will then need to be redone/reduced for excellent grayscale, which means winding up with sizzling balance between red green and blue in your dark grays, making your grays the color of the clouds on a cloudy/overcast day.

If you have excellent grayscale and shadow detail as we speak, LEAVE IT ALONE! Don't touch your Screen controls, and don't touch your Cutoffs in sm.

b

I think I may have asked the wrong question. I have no interest in adjusting my color settings in any type of profound way. I'm trying to get into the menu that lets me change the settings that cause the HDMI to freak out. I think I misread the instructions the other day. It looks like I want E2PROM?

·
Registered
9,827 Posts
There are settings to change, but they only remedy the problem partially. The overall fix for the HDMI problems is a changeout of one of the boards in there, making sure the tech - watch him like a hawk on this - LEAVES THE DCU BOARD THAT CAME WITH THE SET, IN THE SET!

That that DCU board does not go back with the service tech, still on the old board. That it STAYS WITH YOUR SET.

b

·
Registered
2,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast /forum/post/20350222

... this is more likely a problem with the ps3 (Leo, can you help him here?) or a handshake or cable problem, any of which is more likely that the set just not working after a year.

If you use the HDMI on the PS3 and get no picture is usually that the PS3 does not know that is suppose to be using the HDMI out... You need to turn on the TV or receiver first before you turn on the PS3 then the PS3, if not you will have this issue every time. You can try turning the tv/receiver sequence first,and see if you get picture, if not. then hold down the PS3 power button for 5 seconds, the video output will restart, then you can go into the actual settings and set it up correctly for video and audio output.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwelhse /forum/post/20350397

I think I may have asked the wrong question. I have no interest in adjusting my color settings in any type of profound way. I'm trying to get into the menu that lets me change the settings that cause the HDMI to freak out. I think I misread the instructions the other day. It looks like I want E2PROM?
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...68#post9668868

·
Registered
4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bob /forum/post/20351472

There are settings to change, but they only remedy the problem partially. The overall fix for the HDMI problems is a changeout of one of the boards in there, making sure the tech - watch him like a hawk on this - LEAVES THE DCU BOARD THAT CAME WITH THE SET, IN THE SET!

That that DCU board does not go back with the service tech, still on the old board. That it STAYS WITH YOUR SET.

b

Is this service covered under a recall or anything? I bought the set used and I really don't want to invest a ton of money in it.

Thanks everyone for all of the help!

4661 - 4680 of 4706 Posts