AVS Forum banner

4701 - 4706 of 4706 Posts

·
Registered
11,379 Posts
Press and hold the menu button on the TV.
Press and hold the menu button on the remote, whilst (I love that, thanks!) pressing 8 then Select.
Open a beer with your third hand and have a blast.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can anyone recommend a repairman in the DFW area for one of these TVs? We had a lightning strike. The TV powers on, but there is no display. I don't even get anything on the display when I hit the Menu button.

·
Registered
9,827 Posts
Fully operational Hitachi 65" Ultravision CRT RPTV

The owner is a real estate broker who has a second job as a waitress. I have known her for years, our Le Tip group meets at her restaurant every week. She is a highly responsible person and I am sure this set has been very well taken care of.

Let me know if you are interested and I will go over and check out the set myself and put you two in touch with each other -

b

·
Registered
83 Posts
4 year bump here
i have a

havent used in 4+ years,
but tried to plug a amazon firestick into it and the aspect ratio?/overscan?
is cutting of the edges, and i cannot find the correct settings in menu to fix problem
16:9 is close but not right, 16:9 expand and 4:3 are not fixing it either, also i turned of the auto setting
ive tried every setting there is with no fix

Thanks in advace
LK

·
Registered
9,827 Posts
Cutting off the edges is standard issue with self-contained CRT rear projection tech, it's called overscan. The remedy is called "overscan reduction".

You have to resize the pic and then correct the immense amount of convergence distortion doing so causes. It's worth it, but it's a lot of work! The grayscale and colorations are not affected, only the picture structure is affected. And don't attempt unless you're willing to go the distance, including getting coaching on it. Once you have changed a lot of those settings, there's no going back. Esp. if you didn't mark your starting points.

When done thoroughly and incorporating refocusing of each of the 6 focuses when/if necessary (3 optical at the lenses, 3 electronic at the CRT faces) the pic becomes super sharp. When in-depth optics cleaning is thrown in, the resulting transparency gives you depth of field you didn't know your set had. Or was even capable of. Especially at your set's age. Its present bleariness will be gone, replaced by dazzling dynamic punch.

I have specialized in that work for years, but it has to be done on location. I am here for consultation by phone if you want to confer about it.

4701 - 4706 of 4706 Posts