Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just received a 57G500 from UECWeb. Very happy so far, I only found one very minor scratch, and the price can't be beat. This forum was a great resource during the selection process.

The only issue is the amount of reflection on the screen. This TV sits in a room with a lot of windows. We close the blinds during the day when watching TV, but we still have a lot of reflection on the screen day or night, esp. during dark scenes. We were hoping the glare would be no worse than the 31" direct view TV we are replacing.

Before we bought this TV, we checked an XWX at a Sears, and the glare seemed okay.

I have 2 questions:

1. Is it possible that I don't have the anti-glare screen? This is a refurbished TV, so it's possible that the factory replaced the screen with an F500 version rather than a G500 version. I attached a picture, if anybody thinks they can tell, please let me know. This picture is a worst case scenario, with the blinds wide open in the middle of the day.

2. Assuming I have the Hitachi anti-glare screen already, what are the after-market screens that would reduce glare further without serious impact on PQ or viewing angle? I've seen a few threads on this, stuff you can buy at Home Depot, etc., but no real consensus on the quality of these screens vs. what Hitachi ships.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
That is quite the glare....two choices I see are.....1) get some dark drapes for those windows.....2) restack the screens (ie: put the shield in BEHIND the other)....I recently had MichealTLV calibrate my set and thats one of the things he did....BIG difference...no glare whatsoever.

Yosh70

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.