AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for another vs thread but I still can't decide which one I want to go with. Originally I was going to go with Mitsubishi. Then I was pretty set on Hitachi because of all the rave reviews and comments that they are the best on the market. But the more I read, the more I see the same being said of Mitsubishi. HD is not a factor in my decision as I am too far away from any major markets. The set will be used primarily for SD satellite, DVD and XBOX/Gamecube. The Hitachi I can currenty get for twenty-two hundred. But at BB with sales, rebates and reward zone points the Mitsu would end up being around fourteen hundred. Actually I could get the Mitsu WS-65313 for eighteen hundred but think it might be too big. I have no problem paying the extra money for the Hitachi if it is worth it. The amount for the Hitachi was in the budget anyway. So can anyone give me the pros and cons of both sets, and why one would be leaps and bounds better than the other. And please no "either set will do fine" answers.

Thanks much

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
That 55313 sounds like the best deal, what sale are you talking about i would buy that thing for under 1500 dollers right now.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is how I get to that price:

$1999 regular price

-$100 instant in-store rebate

-10% off sale

-$150 digital coupon from website (got the store to honor it)

-around $160 in reward zone money

True all the discounts aren't all up front, but I'd be getting over $300 back.

Back on topic. :D Anyone have any feedback on comparisons of these two sets.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was somewhat in the same boat. Liked both the current Hitachi 65 and Mits 65. It was the salesman at CC that talked me into the Mits, even though they don't sell it. He said the two were totally comparable and if I could get the Mits for less, which I could at BestBuy, to go for it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
the 413 is a direct comparison to the 51s500, the 313 is a lower grade model. Mits does much better on satellite or digital cable than the Hitachi, Hitachi does better on analog cable, and most important Mits does better on HD. I did not buy a Mits with Diamond lens and projectors to play video games on it...so 720p from xbox does not toot my horn. I chose Mits over all the other televisions we sell, however I when the 42 Hitachi LCD is available it will be going into my bedroom.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RSlamD
Mits does much better on satellite or digital cable than the Hitachi, Hitachi does better on analog cable, and most important Mits does better on HD.
Says who? You?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.