AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please help me grasp this a little better. From reading through the brochure it says that all sources can be upconverted to 1080i and the native resolution is 540p. Am I correct so far?? So with that being said is a progressive scan DVD player really necessary?? A standard 480i would already be upconverted to 540p correct?? Better pic than a 480p and the 480p would be upconverted anyway. Also I read in another thread that when you introduce upscaling to 1080i you start getting the possibility of artifacting. If I am understanding the whole upscaling it is basically taking the native resolution and doubling it. So it would not be as clear and accurate as a true 1080p correct?? Sorry if I am going all over the place but the more I read the more confused I get.

·
Registered
778 Posts
You can choose whether the TV displays "Virtual HD" in 1080i or 540p. Unless you're receiving a HD signal from the built in tuner, then it's only 1080i.

And you're right, I can't tell a difference between my 480i DVD player and my el-cheapo 480p progressive DVD player.

Matt

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.