AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have the option of picking up this set for $1500 - excellent condition, used for under a year. Would you guys jump on this? I'm having a hard time finding reviews for this unit, other than an article in Home Theater magazine. They stated that it was too green, but later models were corrected.

I believe it was a 2001 model. I guess what it comes down to is this - would I get a 2003-2004 far superior 57" for $2000? If that's the case, I'd rather pass on this deal.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wynn
Hi everyone, I have the option of picking up this set for $1500 - excellent condition, used for under a year. Would you guys jump on this? I'm having a hard time finding reviews for this unit, other than an article in Home Theater magazine. They stated that it was too green, but later models were corrected.

I believe it was a 2001 model. I guess what it comes down to is this - would I get a 2003-2004 far superior 57" for $2000? If that's the case, I'd rather pass on this deal.

Thanks!
I'd pass on this one., unless the owner is willing to come WAY down from what he's asking.

1) 2001 models have no digital inputs. May be necessary for some future sources like HD-DVD.

2) You can get a new current (2003) model 57" for not much over $2K.

3) You can get a used 2002 or 2003 57" from the Hitachi refurb center for less than $1500.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.