AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I bought this LCD projection TV about 2.5 years ago and have replaced the bulb about 3 to 4 months ago. My only complain I have is it's still looks dark even with the new bulb.

Does anyone have any advice in making it brighter? I've done the normal calibrations within the TV itself. Hitachi support is no help. It used to be A LOT brighter when I first bought it.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Carlos

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi,

We are having the same problem. Had a tech come out and check it and he said its a bad design, there are two cooling fans and the blow dust, dirt onto the screen. Was told I need a new screen. I am reserching now about removal and cleaning.

·
Registered
27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flrtrader /forum/post/17341930

Hi,

We are having the same problem. Had a tech come out and check it and he said its a bad design, there are two cooling fans and the blow dust, dirt onto the screen. Was told I need a new screen. I am reserching now about removal and cleaning.

Any luck with the cleaning and removing? I am having the same issue! Just replaced the bulb and it still is dark??

thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccuevas /forum/post/15533025

Hi all,

I bought this LCD projection TV about 2.5 years ago and have replaced the bulb about 3 to 4 months ago. My only complain I have is it's still looks dark even with the new bulb.

Does anyone have any advice in making it brighter? I've done the normal calibrations within the TV itself. Hitachi support is no help. It used to be A LOT brighter when I first bought it.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Carlos

I too had this problem. I replaced the bulb because it had a burn hole in it. I bought the bulb and housing together so I wouldnt have to touch the bulb. After installation the picture was dim. I took the bulb and housing back out, and found that the bulb had been installed crooked in the housing. Slide your bulb housing out and make sure the bulb is flush. good luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, but it was a pain, I was determined to brig this tv back to what it was when I paid 5 grand for it... I removed the screens and cleaned, removed the back Bottom piece and cleaned the buld housing, filters ect. Then noticed a glass prism in front of the buld. LOOK in hole when bulb removed. I took that prism out and it was solid black, dirt, grease ect. I cleaned that and put everything back together and its awesome! I did buy a service manual for it so I would not be totally blind. Email me and I'd be happy to help, even give ya the pdf service manual I paid 25 bucks for!

[email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all and Thanks for reading,

Well alttle off the subject of a dim picture but im having a cooling fan issue. Temp light is flashing and well the last time I used the TV (around 4 month ago) I could here the fan making some noise. I am assuming that it is more likely loaded with dust and cat hair. I have owned the TV for about 3.5 years and to be honest never have cleaned the inside other then when I replaced the bulb in that area.

Well my question is does anyone have a Service manual that can scan Removal and Replacement (R&R) of the cooling fan. Just wont want to start ripping things apart and end up screwring soming up. Spent way to much money Thanks alot in avdance for your responses back.

Mike [email protected]

·
Registered
533 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2jve /forum/post/19415299

Hi all and Thanks for reading,

Well alttle off the subject of a dim picture but im having a cooling fan issue. Temp light is flashing and well the last time I used the TV (around 4 month ago) I could here the fan making some noise. I am assuming that it is more likely loaded with dust and cat hair. I have owned the TV for about 3.5 years and to be honest never have cleaned the inside other then when I replaced the bulb in that area.

Well my question is does anyone have a Service manual that can scan Removal and Replacement (R&R) of the cooling fan. Just wont want to start ripping things apart and end up screwring soming up. Spent way to much money Thanks alot in avdance for your responses back.

Mike [email protected]

I don't think there is one Service Manual for that set, there appears to be an XXVX915 SM which is an addendum only, to another SM. My addendum says this on the cover page: "This addendum includes all information necessary for the 50VX915, 60VX915 and 70VX915. All features / adjustments please refer to Service Manual of 50/60VS710, 60VS810, 50/60V710/715, 42V710/715 when servicing."

Flipping through it, it's only 46 pages and there's not much there so I would look for the 710/715/810/815 manuals which should be ~150 pages. You might be able to find it free on the internet or maybe pay $10 or so for it. Search for all those numbers one by one.

There are probably four fans in your tv, maybe five. There's a case fan that you see from the back, a lamp fan, a big light engine fan buried in the light engine, maybe a little fan for one of the lenses in the light engine, and maybe a fan in the HD tuner. There are filters in there you need to clean as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts