Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am currently shopping for an HDTV. I am looking to buy one from uecweb for under 2000, and I have a pretty large quantity of patience about waiting for the perfect thing to come up. If anyone has any recommendations on what to wait for (I want a 57...looking at F or G or TWX so far) I definitely would appreciate hearing them.

However, the main purpose of this post is anti reflective screens. I have read through the various messages on here, but I am not quite certain I understand exactly how big a deal these are. My TV will go into a room where there is currently a bit of brightness coming from two windows (which I can get curtains for etc, but won't always want to do that 24/7) so the question is (drumroll) : How big of a deal is the difference in screens, for example the special ones noted on the TWX or the G (I realize these are different screens most likely...just examples)

Thanks for the help, in advance.

Keefe Roedersheimer

·
Registered
845 Posts
They became real popular because they made it kind of look like a direct view, and it kept the fingers off the lenticular screen. The problem is that it invites glare from any light sources in the room, even your own reflection on brightly lit screens. Videophiles have them removed.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have 57TWX20B. I am removing the anti glare screen...but which piece is it? I see 3 possibles.

1. Thick piece on the outside, like a screen protector. I cannot tell if it is the anti glare though

2. Light colored screen, textured. It has a darker colored textured (a bit thinner than the light screen) attached to it.

Is the anti glare the protector or the dark screen behind the light screen?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by pillguy
I have 57TWX20B. I am removing the anti glare screen...but which piece is it? I see 3 possibles.

1. Thick piece on the outside, like a screen protector. I cannot tell if it is the anti glare though

2. Light colored screen, textured. It has a darker colored textured (a bit thinner than the light screen) attached to it.

Is the anti glare the protector or the dark screen behind the light screen?
From reading this link, I believe it is the piece on the outside.
http://www.hitachi.us/tv/discover/te...d_proj04.shtml

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.