AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A week or so ago I was looking at the Hitachi flagship 65XWX20B demo at a Sears.

Retail is $5000, they had it for $2500. The day before I decided to get it, it was sold to a store employee.

The manager calls me this eve. and tells me that she cancelled the deal, (not moving to new house) so its still sitting in the stock area all wrapped in cardboard/plastic.

Now I can get it for $2000. I also find out its been sitting on the floor for about 6 months. I was originally told 3 months.

That means about 2000-2500 hours of use. I know most store displays have the contrast up for the lights in the store.

But, it comes with a full warrantee. Does it cover premature tube burn? I haven't found a Google answer yet

Also, they just got in the 57" version of the same TV.

I can get it for $2400 and its truly new ( maybe on the floor for 3 days).

Which is the better deal?

I am not going to have the time to check the tubes on the 65" to see if they are burnt cause I'm sure it will sell tomorrow

Is it worth the "risk" to get the 65"? or go w/ the 57" "sure thing", or go the cheaper DLP proj. route I had planned, after the Hitachi sold the first time?

Ron

·
Registered
1 Posts
The manufacturer will not cover crt burn in. If the 57 is new, I would probably buy it first. This tv will look much better than DLP on analogue sources. Hitachi was way more settings to tweak your picture. Many people are very sensitive to colour wheel on DLP and will see rainbows flash across the screen...

·
Banned
29,681 Posts
It's a great tv- but current model S700 with DVI, IEEE1394 and HDTV tuner can be had for $2400 for 57" and $2800 for 65"

This is a newer model... brand new in the box.

The deal seems good because it used to cost alot....

But the market has changed and no one is willing to pay $3000+ for CRT RPTV anymore...

So those prices while seemingly very good.... are only average....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.