AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to these forums and I haven't had a chance to search to see if anyone has had similiar problems so forgive me if this has already been answered.

I recently purchased the Hitachi 42HDS69 plasma set and i'm having problems with the hdmi inputs. I can't seem to get anything to work in them. I've tried it with my PS3 and my dvd player but i'm not getting any picture. I've tried all 3 of the hdmi inputs but nothing happens.

I've also tried hooking up my dvd player (Samsung DVD-HD850) with component cables but it only outputs at 480p on this set.

Can anyone help me out here?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Your HDMI ports are probably shared with s video and component, so make sure if your HDMI device is connected to video 1, that's the only thing connected to that input.

The Samsung DVD player will not upconvert over component unless it is hacked to shut off HDCP. I'm not sure if the 850 is hackable, but try pressing these keys on the remote with no disc in the player:

angle, 4,3,2,7, angle.

If successful, it will say HDCP free on the TV.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was able to hack the player, but the hdmi still isn't working. I guess i'll just have to stick to component.

Thanks for your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts