AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I've had a Hitachi 53SDX01B (a 4:3 set) for a while, and I finally upgraded a prog. scan dvd player (panasonic RP-56).

The picture is definitely better, however there is one thing that really bugs me and I hope someone else can shed some light on it. When the RP56 was set to 4:3 Letterbox mode, I noticed an unacceptable amount of aliasing, so I set it to output 16:9. Then I put my TV in 16:9 mode (adding the grey bars) and I still noticed the aliasing, although slightly less. Finally I left the dvd player in 16:9 mode and put the TV in 4:3 mode...lo and behold the picture looked absolutely great BUT, of course, it was vertically stretched!

So....if anyone has any ideas on what I can do, please respond. My theory is that I'm just screwed because I bought a 4:3 HDTV (it was bought before I knew *anything* about HD/Prog Scan/etc).

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump?

If nobody can help me with that...is there anyone with experience returning very large TVs to Circuit City?

ie; Would they even consider letting me exchange it for a widescreen? I've had it since February and I do have the 2 year extended warranty.

thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
36 Posts
you had it since february and you want to return it because you want a 16X9 tv? i dont think they are gonna go for that, unless you are returning it because it has alot of problems, they arent gonna let you exchange it just because you want something else, they gave me a hard time and mines was a lemon, they was trying to fix it for the 6th time, tell i said that isnt gonna work

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.