AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attached is a .txt file (you can convert to a spreadsheet) that shows the ISF parameters for my 57TWX20B. 1st column show factory settings (some of mine were different so I listed them in 2nd column) the 3rd and 4th columns show some settings I've changed to get a better picture (see "Remark" column of attachment) These "tweaks" were obtained from this forum, other forums and my ISFer...

To get to the Service Menu - while pressing the "Input/Exit" button on the TV, press the "Power" button to an "off" state if "on" and then back to an "on" state - once the Service Menu comes on the screen, release the "Input/Exit" button -

With the remote, choose VID1, VID2 depending on what video source you want as the background while you're "tweaking" - using the remote again, press "Menu" until you get to the Service Menu page that says ISF at the bottom -- cursor down to ISF, then cursor right to have 4 ISF parameters at a time come up on the screen - I suggest you cursor down through the parameters and document your settings on a printout of the attachment -- if you want to change a parameter (see "Remarks" for some tweaks) cursor right or left to change the value - then press "Select" to store the value for that parameter.

I've improved my PQ with these tweaks - hope you can to...

isf menu for avs.txt 4.2001953125k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Why would you hire an ISF guy and then feel that you need or can make the set better then a trained professional that you trusted to the point of paying? I appreciate the tip but can't help but wonder how those go together.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Addicted Help!!
Why would you hire an ISF guy and then feel that you need or can make the set better then a trained professional that you trusted to the point of paying?
Process was concurrent and collaborative... these are just minor tweaks - nothing to do with the full ISF... plus, I don't have a life...so this keeps me occupied...

·
Registered
853 Posts
I compliment you on admitting that YOU don't have a life...others in this forum have yet to discover such :rolleyes:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If any of you want the attachment as a excel spreadsheet send me a Private Message with your email address and I'll send it to you.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mfusick:

Can't attach an Excel sheet via this forum...

valid file extensions are gif, jpg,png,txt,zip,bmp,jpeg and pdf

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Duh! Good idea - here it is...

isf menu for avszipped.zip 11.6943359375k . file

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.