AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After an insane amount of time researching $500-700 priced LCDs, I decided to buy the Hitachi LE42S504 ($495) plus the sound system (about $175) from Sam's on Black Friday. Last night got it set up and, initially, was annoyed by the bright reds in watching a movie on Netflix, via Roku player I've had for 2 years. I corrected the deep reds by using the "color" adjustment, but then I noticed halfway through watching a TV show via the Roku (and again Netflix) that at times during the show the bottom left-hand corner was blurry and wavy (about 3-inch square patch). Not sure whether this had to do with Roku reception or the TV. Can anyone explain the blurry patch as anything OTHER than the TV?

The sound system adds base to TV sound, and my kids loved it, but not sure it's worth the price tag.

I should add that my previous TV was a 40" Samsung (120 hz; 1040p, etc.) which cost $1100, but my 7-year-old chucked a hot-wheels car at it in a temper tantrum and cracked the screen. Vowed not to pay that much for a TV again, especially after only getting $40 for the 16-month old broken set and remote from a local electronics store).

I'd be interested on other opinions of this TV. Amazon.com has posted 3 excellent and 1 good-rated reviews. I'm still a little sceptical and might take the set back to Sams.

·
Registered
8,482 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul White /forum/post/19553009

After an insane amount of time researching $500-700 priced LCDs, I decided to buy the Hitachi LE42S504 ($495) plus the sound system (about $175) from Sam's on Black Friday. Last night got it set up and, initially, was annoyed by the bright reds in watching a movie on Netflix, via Roku player I've had for 2 years. I corrected the deep reds by using the "color" adjustment, but then I noticed halfway through watching a TV show via the Roku (and again Netflix) that at times during the show the bottom left-hand corner was blurry and wavy (about 3-inch square patch). Not sure whether this had to do with Roku reception or the TV. Can anyone explain the blurry patch as anything OTHER than the TV?

The sound system adds base to TV sound, and my kids loved it, but not sure it's worth the price tag.

I should add that my previous TV was a 40" Samsung (120 hz; 1040p, etc.) which cost $1100, but my 7-year-old chucked a hot-wheels car at it in a temper tantrum and cracked the screen. Vowed not to pay that much for a TV again, especially after only getting $40 for the 16-month old broken set and remote from a local electronics store).

I'd be interested on other opinions of this TV. Amazon.com has posted 3 excellent and 1 good-rated reviews. I'm still a little sceptical and might take the set back to Sams.

Do you get the blurry patch with a DVD or cable feed? If not, then it is Netflix, or Roku related.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
quote: Do you get the blurry patch with a DVD or cable feed? If not, then it is Netflix, or Roku related

Yeh, I'll check tonight about whether the blurry patch occurs with a DVD player tonight (we don't have cable--just do the roku feed).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts