AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the general section but I'm not getting any input, so I thought I'd try here.

Need some opinions please.

I've read most of the threads on the 42" Hitachi plasma and it's flicker issues.

I've read the Toshiba Regza thread and all the problems with ghost bars.

I bought the Toshiba 42HL196 just shy of a month ago and the ghost bars have become more apparent as time goes by.

I got a great deal on it from BB and aside from the bars I love it.

Should I take it back and try another one or go for the Hitachi 42HDS69 which has flicker issues but seems to be fix/able/ed. Or the 42" Insignia from FS with 1920 by 1080 display or just go with something else.

I'm not a gamer and primarily watch sd or hd tv and I want to stay in the 1080 resolution range.

Any thoughts or opinions are welcome.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Wally,

I know you're asking for an opinion on either Toshiba or Hitachi and you're awared of certain problems associated with the two. Why not, go for either a Panny or Pioneer. They're two of the best in the plasma market. I had a Panny and I loved my panel. Others might have different opinion about this.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
Well I have the hitachi 42hdt79 and had done side by side comparisons with pannys, samsungs, pio's and I thought the hitachi had the best picture, I did that day and I don't regret my purchase 1 bit, just as happy as the day I got it

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasma_Plasma /forum/post/0

Wally,

I know you're asking for an opinion on either Toshiba or Hitachi and you're awared of certain problems associated with the two. Why not, go for either a Panny or Pioneer. They're two of the best in the plasma market. I had a Panny and I loved my panel. Others might have different opinion about this.

I'm running out of time for my 30 day return on the tosh and cost. Both sets I mentioned are below the 2 grand price ppoint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.