AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 61SWX10B about a month ago, and just the other day, I decided to attack the green's.... there was a recent post on getting the green out by adjusting the green cut with the remote from the service menu (hold select and press power, hold until service menu comes up).... well, I tried that and although it got rid of "most" of the "extra" green, I then had overall color balance problems that I was not happy about at all, and which could NOT be tweaked out using the basic AVIA procedures.... thankfully i took the posters advice and recorded the settings prior to making a change.... I set things back the way they were (no, a "factory reset" does NOT reset these settings) and although the green was back in the dark portions of pictures, the color balance on the rest of the picture was as glorious as day one... when i first got into the service menu, before adjusting green cuoff, I hit the select while on the "service" selection.... this brought up a single bright green horizontal line.... remembering back to my "younger days" when I had an RCA set with a service switch on the back, you would hit the service switch and adjust the individual Red, Green and Blue screen pots so that there was a barely visible line of color across the screen.... the idea was to be as close to cutoff as you could get and set the three to the same level.... well, I checked out the 61SWX10 Service manual, and sure enough, the procedure was basically the same, using those three dreaded screen pots under the front panel.... well, thinking a little here, it didn't take long to realize that the preponderance of green in the black areas, along with the aforementioned failed green cutoff tweak, I decided that this HAD to be the problem.... so, I set the selection to factory defaults, hit the button, then went to the service selection and brought up the green line.... I backed off the green screen pot into cutoff.... I then adjusted the faint blue and red lines to be equally faint above cutoff using their respective screen pots.... next, I adjusted the green pot to set it's line equally faint... I then exited the service menu, backed the contrast down to 50% from that dreaded 100% setting and fired up AVIA and did a simple color cal....

Well, all I can say is that not only is EVERY LAST TRACE of anomolous green GONE, but the overall picture is even more spectacular than ever!!! I heartily recomend that if you're not planning an ISF for a while, give it a try.... I'm SURE you'll be amazed !!!

;)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.