AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you would like for me to e-mail you the Hitachi SWX/TWX service manual just send me an e-mail at [email protected] . It's in Adobe at 32.2mb.

I think that all of the critical picture tuning info applies to the XWX also. I just got the Manual and haven't had time to explore it yet. I get my 65SWX tomorrow. Can't wait. Thanks for all the advice and tuning tips. Keep tweaking and posting the results!

John

·
Registered
57 Posts
That really would be wonderfull, and I would like to have it. Only thing is, I have never heard of an email server that would handle anything that large! Aren't most email accounts capped at 3 megs? (except for whalemail)

Would you be sending it in small pieces? If we could figure out a way to do it, I would be thrilled!

VegasF6

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does anyone have an FTP server that we can all connect into? That would be the best way to pass out the manual. I know that I, for one, would love to have a copy.

Sam

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I'd like to get a copy also. Posting it to a binaries newsgroup probably is the best way unless someone has an ftp we can use (unfortuntely I don't).

Dave G.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i don't have an ftp up at the moment but i could set one up, but the newsgroups route would be the easiest way to do it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm glad to see the manual will be hosted. Now, I've got one question: I've got an 65XWX20B. I assume the manual will be applicable to it, except as regards to the tuner, which the manual wouldn't cover. John, do you know if this is correct?

Thanks.

Sam

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I will do that and look forward to getting it as I am getting calibrated in 8 days. Why getting the SBX instead of the X? It is about a grand but if for no other reason than the screen protector being so much better, that is enough. They are all fused now, so you can't switch them ever without a new screen which is 900 by itself. It really makes a picture difference on your dark colors and not to mention better cabinet, can do PIP dual HD because of the HD decoder, and not to mention when Dish goes HD they will most likely still not have locals in HD because of cost and since everything else looks better on dish, very likely HD does too and since cable companies already blocked remote market locals on 2 of the 4 channels, they will probably block that solution in longrun should Dish and RCA try it. Lastly, Firewire is going to have many applications and coujld still be chosen as encoding standard. If you are difinitely getting the 65 I must share that I have 14 feet for viewing and am too close for sure in HD. I needed the 57 and after mucho calls I finally found out that in your tech manual it says you should be 3.3 times the diagonal which is 19.8 feet on this unit. Distance is more important with these big sets in HD and none of the companies are really disclosing it. Do what you want but perfect picture becomes your goal real quick when your eye's get used to seeeing these new detail rich pictures.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All;

The file is to large to e-mail (32.2Mb). Several folks are offering ftp sites to post it. Once I get some assitance with it I will post it and notify everyone though this thread.

Yes, it is my understanding that the manual applies to the XWX except that there is no HD tuner info. Everything that others on this forum have figured out is that the SWX/TWX are exactly the same as the XWX except for the tuner.

Hopefully the manual will be available before Monday is over.

John

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thorban will be moving the uploaded file to a public folder when he gets the opportunity. He will let us know when it is available.

Dave; When I ordered the manual from Pacific Coast Parts, I didn't realize that I would get it on disc. I would have prefered the hardcopy, but I'm glad that I can help others get the manual.

SWX arrives in 2 hours. Counting down . . .

J.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Is it just me, or does anyone else question the legality of freely distributing something that one had to purchase from the publisher? Maybe it's Fair Use?

Just a thought.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RichUF
Is it just me, or does anyone else question the legality of freely distributing something that one had to purchase from the publisher? Maybe it's Fair Use?

Just a thought.
Hitachi apparently makes it available for those who can cough up a Tax ID and go through a free registration process at their web site. I don't believe there's even a requirement that you be an authorized dealer or service center.

Hope no one makes a stink about it :)

--

- Jeff

·
Registered
972 Posts
but they still charge for it, no? Maybe this is actually a sting and they are tracking the IP addresses of all who download the file!!! I guess deleting off of my hard drive won't erase the trail of evidence :eek:

·
Registered
976 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jdrumm
Hitachi apparently makes it available for those who can cough up a Tax ID and go through a free registration process at their web site. I don't believe there's even a requirement that you be an authorized dealer or service center.
If Hitachi lets second parties distribute it without recurring remuneration, there is no problem with a third party buying the cd, and copying it for his friends. As long as it is the original Hitachi file, and not some version that has been reformatted/edited by the distributor.

The paper service manuals are copyright by the manufacturers, but they rarely seek out the law enforce it, say for duplication by private parties. This is more for intellectual property (trademark, logos, schematic) protection.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.