Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen this thing yet? Resolution of 1365x1024

just seems too good to be true, w/ 1500 Lumens.

If you have seen it, please give some details.

Were the pixes still pretty visable???

Thanks,

Aceman

·
Registered
93 Posts
Aceman,

Got a chance to see this unit for a short 15 min or so. Pixels looked better then any DLP I've seen. I didn't have much time to play with and only saw what Hitachi wanted to put through the projector.

But, first impressions were very good. Hope to have a demo to take home for a few nights soon.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Projectorman,

Lots of people on this forum have been showing interest in the Hitachi, and there's even been some remarks about arranging a powerbuy.....thing is everyone is also waiting for hands on reviews.

If you do get a unit for a demo in the next few days, please do us all the favour of posting your review - alot of people would be very interested to hear about it.:)

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Ditto to everything Dave has just said.

Find a brochure on http://www.presentation-systems.co.u...i-cp-x5500.pdf

It has Motion Adaptive Progressive Scan, as well as vertical AND horizontal digital keystone correction (Ã* la Sony HS-1).

It is already being sold in UK for £3,711.00, i.e., around US$5,340 plus VAT.

It sounds more and more interesting. I'm waiting with bated breath for a hands-on review.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi

Just called Hitachi in Denmark, and they say it will cost 69,999 Dkr (US$ 8274) plus VAT wich is 25%.

Damn I love living in Denmark *sarkasm mode off*

·
Registered
219 Posts
Grubert thanks, the UK price is interesting, to say the least. Can't one purchase from outside of the UK and have a VAT waiver or something that means you don't pay the 18% or whatever VAT is in the UK?

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Yes, that's right, Viking2000.

For those living outside EU and buying from EU countries, you'll have to pay VAT or sales tax at your country's rate.

E.g., I bought an SPL meter from a French company. They discounted VAT (20%, I think) and then the postman collected Swiss VAT (7% :cool: ) at my door, plus 10 CHF for processing fees.

Grobi have experience in this kind of operation, and they sell Hitachi projectors. I've PMed chappie. Hope he'll say something.

Dave, you may want to contact Ivojo multimedia: [email protected]

Krimi, a trip to north Germany is in order :D

Regards

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just got off the phone with Hitachi America, this morning....

Looks like they're still a week or so out on the 5500. Looks like we're looking at a price of around $6300 on those at this time. If there is enough interest, might grab quantity and price could fall under $6000.

Wouldn't put much credit in the UK sell price as US Dealer cost is higher then that, even with quantity discount. I've seen this site before and they have a number of projectors under US dealer cost. I wouldn't think UK is a country manufacturers need to sell lower in, but who knows.... maybe legit....

·
Registered
36 Posts
The pdf on ivojo site is different from the others I have seen. Its states lamp life is 1500 hours and whisper mode has 1200 lumens,,, otherwise is pretty similar to the other pdf's on the projector.

·
Registered
274 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ola, Grubert that Swiss VAT really hurts don't it :D ?

What's the Grobi/chappie connection?

I already emailed the UK link and got a reply that they don't ship outside of the UK. I wrote back asking about whether if I hopped over there and bought a unit if I could get a VAT waiver form or some similar arrangement. Still no word back but will report back here if anything comes from that.

TomT I think that's a good point about writing Hitachi and asking them if anyone has this unit for review. For that matter I think any of us interested inthis unit should do so AND write the main mags asking them to do the same thing. It's entirely possible that this projector may turn out to be a complete bust with bad contrast and yucky colours, but on paper it looks like a groundbreaking unit at a price point that makes it very interesting. Provided some objective reviews are favourable I'd be hard pressed to find a reason not to buy it (aside from coughing up the money of course :D ).

I don't think I'm alone in seeing things that way, and competent journal editors who follow the technological side of FP would probably see the logic of fitting a review of the Hitachi into their schedules. On a thread yesterday on this projector I gave the urls to 4 journals that I emailed asking them to review the Hitachi. No response back on any of those emails yet, but a little concerted pressure (um, like a flurry of emails from Forum members :rolleyes: ) might just get some editors wondering whether they can work a review in......

Dave (who believe it or not is basically seeing his projector choice coming down to the 'Best Buy' LT-150 or the Hitachi if it pans out on it's specs)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey folks,

Don't know if you knew this, but Dukane ImagePro 9115 is

the same projector. I'm on the phone w/ them now. They

are not receiving them till next week.

UGH.

Aceman

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yeah Grubert, looks like a small trip would be in order. Do you know how much it will cost in Germany?

You just gotta love the 25% VAT :(

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
In case its of assistance to any of you I can volunteer a UK address for delivery... You then arrange a DHL / FEDEX / Etc and any warranties would probably be Euro wide but up to you to check out...

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
Aceman says that this Hitachi is the same projector as the Dukane 9115.

What is the relationship, if any, to the new Christie Digital Vivid Red? There is another thread about this projector.

[I have seen the Hitachi at Infocomm under terrible conditions, impossible to tell anything, but I am anxious to hear real reviews.]

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.