AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very new to projectors stuff. Someone I know asked for opinion on these.

Ordered a Hitachi SX5600W. And now comparing this to a InFocus 5700, he in a dilemma whether to cancel the Hitachi and get the InFocus or not. This projector will be used for computer presentations as well as movies but mostly computer.

So which one of them is better for this scenario?

Are there any other projectors that are more better in the $5K to $6K range ?

Thanks in advance

Srinivas

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Srinivas,

The 5700 is a 16:9 aspect ratio projector and is not ideal for PC applications. I'm not familiar with the Hitachi, but I suspect it would be a better presentation projector.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Ecxept the Hitach does not take a 1:1 signal on its full SXGA+ panel.. Using PC VGA or DVI inputs it will only take a 1280x1024 input and either scale it (bad for text but not a deal killer for video) or 1:1 with some panel waste...

Really you need to know if you have a preference for LCOS or DLP that personal choice will likely be the most important factor.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
If the projector is to be used mainly for computer display use, then I would go with the Hitachi which has much higher resolution (1365x1024 versus 766x576 (in 4:3 mode)).

·
Registered
475 Posts
We have the Hitachi and watch all of our TV on it (3-4 hours a night every night) and just love it.

People come over and are astounded by the resolution and lack of pixelation and scan lines. We use a 78" 4:3 Firehawk that sits on our center channel.

We've also had fantastic service from Hitachi. They refunded all my $$$ (including shipping) on my 5500 after 11.5 months (and over 1,050 hours on the bulb). I then purchased the 5600 (at less $$$). When my 1st 5600 went down within the first week, they had another one out in 2 days. No problems since.

Be aware, you IN ALL PROBABILITY WILL get some bad pixels, but most are unnoticable at regular seating distances. (One in particular on my 5500 bugged me.)

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have hooked up both units a few weeks before

just in a short comment.

In color and picture quality, specially from DVD the LP 5700 will be a clear winner. But using PC - than the Hitachi will be the choice. If the graphic-card of the PC will be strong enough (Min. 32MB RAM), than you can run the Hitachi 5600 with 1280x1024 native resolution by PC. The scaling of the InFocus LP5700 is not bad running under XGA but specially in fine structures here he will loos. And for a better color reproduction on the 5600 with the PC just use Powerstrip.

hb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.