Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at new RPTVs...

The Hitachi 61SWX01W claims 1000 lines of resolution... What is this referring to ?

The Toshiba TW65H80 set claims 1600 lines... Is this important ?

To me.... The Hitachi set looked better...and I liked the modes that it had for expanding 4:3 material more than the Toshiba modes...

I have a progressive scan DVD... if that matters...

Anyone have any comments on either set ?

Hitachi 61SWX01W $3350

Toshiba TW65H80 $3200

Thanks...

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone know of this problem with the progressive scan players with the Hitachi SWX line ? And if so.... Have they figured out the problem ?

I would be using the set with a progressive input....

Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the SWX also and have no problems with it at all. I have the toshiba 5109 progressive scan dvd player and use it very often and have never had any blackouts. I am quite pleased with this set, both with dvd and hdtv. The 4:3 modes are good, but I simply put velco pads on the unused portions of the screen and have black felt that I stick on when watching 4:3 material, so I don't even use them very often. A great buy, in my opinion.

I got my for 2700. Bought a 4:3 tv first from sears, then kept it a month, and called the sears salesrep and told him I wanted the widescreen version. When he told me the price differential, I threatened to return the set and buy online, so he swapped the tv's even. Just a thought, saved me a couple of hundred dollars at least. I believe this tv was retailing at 4000 at the time. Worth a try I would think. If you go with the hitachi, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ohhh,, nice.. you should be able to give a good review of the set then.... I await your comments,,,,

I'll probably go with the Hitachi too...looks like really nice set... I was trying to get a look at the owners manual, but the Hitachi website doesn't have it....

Enjoy the new set,,,,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Shelly,

I was curious as to whether you went for the Hitachi, and if so, how is it. I have been seriously looking at the 61SWX01W and am very interested in some user (first hand) feedback.

Thanks,

Jeff

------------------

jeffm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.