AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As was the case the first time is occurred, I am reporting it again, that today when I was at Circuit city in Houston today at lunch, they were putting out special pricing on the XWX' models, and this time,as was the case here last time here are the prices:

XWX 57 inch- $3399

XWX 65- $3999

'

I know in some markets last time, you weren't able to get the larger one for the discounted price, so this time the location is on San Felipe, and the phone number is 713 627 2500, and the store number is 3233. There were a few of you last time that inquired and the question was you wondered if you could get it here and have it delivered. I checked last time and the answer I was given was yes, and ultimately the store where you live that declined matching their own price, would have to deliver it anyway. The reasoning I was given was that it isn't stealing business if they decline you locally.

Good luck for those of you looking, and I guess if the 65's have the picture problem that all of them in Houston have, it won't matter because they have a 30 day return policy, but you may want to get a guarantee that when you did it, you would still get the discounted pricing on the 57, because they told me it was a 1 week sale.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was in cc in oklahoma city today and the price on

the Hitachi xwx 57 in. was 3149.00 and on the

xwx 65 was 3599.00

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by rexh
I was in cc in oklahoma city today and the price on

the Hitachi xwx 57 in. was 3149.00 and on the

xwx 65 was 3599.00
That is most likely in all very small markets. Their cost basis is probably lower there too. They use statistics of average income and amount of available buyers, and for many many commodity products make adjustments like that. It is killer if you are one of the rare people not being paid market for the area, but I am sure there are other tradeoffs on the negative also.

I found that last time this went up in smaller areas but for the main part, that won't be the case. They also won't honor small market like just failing to discount, nor are they supposed to be able to undercut for delivery outside of the small market zipcode. That is amazing, as where I live the current pricing is very close to wholesale selling price, under 200 bucks.

Now that you have brought it up, and I called the O City store, and got that answer to confirm, you got me thinking, that the last time this was the pricing salesman were being paid commission, and now they are not, and I wonder if that is the difference, on top of the small market thng?

Thanks for the heads up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.