AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know when the X500 series will be out and how much they will be?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I don't know what the official release date is for these sets. I talked to a Hitachi Rep last week and he said 4th quarter 2003. As far as the price , I was told that the MSRP for the 57X500 would be $3799, and for the 57T500 $3499. They are apparently going to restrict distribution of these sets to "High End" dealers only, not CC or Sears.

JW

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wonder what "high end" dealers they mean? CC, Sears, and HH Gregg are the only dealers I know of that sell Hitachi.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Will the X500 series be that much better PQ wise than the S500 series? If so, how and why?

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
According to Hitachi's website, the X series will have the Wideneck CRT's, the others won't.

·
Registered
106 Posts
So, do wide neck crt's mean a more improved picture or is it just a fancy name for "give me more money" for the same?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mfusick,

If one was looking at either the new S series (probably 500), which I think has a great stretch mode this year versus say the SWX or XWX (which does have a tuner), what would your thoughts be? You pose a good question about the wide necks being worth more on the new X series but they would still be available on the SWX or XWX.....

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
The guns in the current s500 are considered to be at least as good as if not better than last years swx/twx/xwx wideneck 1 by all who've compared (including isf people I've seen posting). The new x model has Wideneck 2 and this is what's unknown. So far I've heard hitachi claims of more uniform brightness but the s500 has excellent uniformity sooo. Really unless these new guns can somehow provide more resolution (as a 9 inch crt would) I can't see much benifit but we'll see when they are released. So far it's marketing speak and a way to sell a boutique model that only high priced- no return dealers will carry. Perhaps my tune will change once it's released.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The other two features that the X500 provides ( according to the website), above the T500 are two DVI inputs, and the deep black Anti-reflective screen. Compared to the S500 it would also ad the AV net stuff . Again these may or may not make the set more diserable than the S or T500 depending on your prespective. I would like to have two DVI inputs, which is why I am also looking at the Pioneer 630HD. But I really like Hitachi products, I have a 35" direct view which still is a great TV set, so i want to give the X500 a look-see when it appears.

JW

·
Banned
29,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jwholm
The other two features that the X500 provides ( according to the website), above the T500 are two DVI inputs, and the deep black Anti-reflective screen. Compared to the S500 it would also ad the AV net stuff . Again these may or may not make the set more diserable than the S or T500 depending on your prespective. I would like to have two DVI inputs, which is why I am also looking at the Pioneer 630HD. But I really like Hitachi products, I have a 35" direct view which still is a great TV set, so i want to give the X500 a look-see when it appears.

JW
Good catch.

All in all the X line is top of the line.... with a top of the line price.

It's for people who have lots of money and want to own the very best.

The VALUE is in, and has always been in, the S series.

S series = Awsome performance at an awesome price.

G series = Crappy tv with marked up price

F Series = entry level tv with entry level price

As long as you don't buy a G series.... I could reccomend all of them depending on the needs/wants.

S series is probably best blend of everything though....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well it is almost the 4th Quarter. Any additional word on the 65/57X500?

I noticed in the first post that someone was talking to a rep and indicated the MSRP of the 57 was going to be 3800 which is the same as the 65S500 started out in the original press release? Does that mean the X500 will get down to the

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Has anyone seen an X500 yet? If so, how does the picture compare to the S500? What was the price difference?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.