AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told the red tint on this projector has been fixed above a certain serial number. Anyone know that number.

My distributor has just opened several units out of 20 and cant find one without the tint problem.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
alan

they all have a slight blue/purple tint to some extent some are worse then others

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have not noticed any red tint on mine....Just the usual "purple black" that went away when I painted my wall gray. But then again I am not as critical as many on this forum.

FYI my serial number is G2B000819

Regards,

François

·
Registered
327 Posts
Alan,

I think you're being quite mischievous and frivolous in your insistence that the SX5500W has a red tint. It's been well documented on this forum that the problem is blue or purple. I see it as predominantly blue. Purple is a more subjective word. How much red does purple have? Just a little would be enough for some people to describe it as purple. If you are genuine in your impressions that the SX5500W has a red tint, then an important question would be WHY has there been this shift? Are these projectors now being calibrated differently, whether it be at the factory or by the American distributor? Or, are you just pot stirring?

Oops! Sorry Alan. Looks like you were serious about getting an SX5500W. Shouldn't jump to conclusions.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Alan wrote:

"My distributor has just opened several units out of 20 and cant find one without the tint problem."

Will you please list your distributors name and all of the dealers he supplies so that we can be sure not to end up purchasing one of your rejects? :)

Thanks,

Chuck Davis

·
Registered
11,020 Posts
Alan:

At first I thought you were joking because of the red tint comment. It's great if you have a distributor (I imagine you either do a lot of business with him or he is hoping you will) that will do this for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.