Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody who owns one of these experiencing this:

Twice now, my set has shut itself off and then on again, over a period of a few weeks. The first time, it messed up the perfecto convergence settings I had. The second time, it didn't.

Each time it happend, the set had been on for many hours as in all day.

Its winter, and the weather is dry, so I assume some sort of arcing is going on. I am just curious if this has happened to anyone else, yet. Otherwise, the set is working perfectly.

The odd thing about this, and the reason I am asking, is that its not easy to show a service person the problem. So, if this is just my set, I may have to deal with it from a replacement perspective.

Thanks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
funny, the same thing happened to my 50v500 3 days in a row 2 weekends ago. It would turn off, then turn on, then off, then on again--and the remotes were safely on the side table.

MATT

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yhe same thing happened to me 3 times one one of these units. I retunred it to Sears. The replacement unit has not done it but it did "twitch" once, like it almost shut off.

XH

·
Registered
120 Posts
XH,

did you still have the box the tv came in?

we through ours away after a week of working tv, but wouldn't you know it, that weekend, the on off problem began.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Thats a reported issue and apparently is related to breakin. It generally happens a couple of times and never reoccurs (although if it occurred another couple of times it would be a concern)

·
Premium Member
14,299 Posts
Also...make sure Video 2 Auto Link mode is disabled. It will make the set power on and off based on the signal entering input 2.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.