AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, Hitman the movie based on the video game franchise. Shockingly enough, thanks to Timothy Olyphaunt (aka the villain guy in Live Free or Die Hard), some surprisingly skilled directing, a script which is true to the games but which also knows how to have a good time, and copious amount of blood, not only did the Hitman movie not suck, but it actually kicked ass in previously unimaginable ways.


On a videogame movie rating scale of 0 to 10, where 0 was House of the Dead or Alone in the Dark and 10 was Mortal Kombat, Hitman rates about a 12. Yes, it actually was pretty damned good. And violent. It was good and violent.



Anyways the Unrated version of the film (with even more blood!) is now slated for a March release. It will be another one of those Fox Digital Copy releases which includes an SD version of film which you can transfer to iTunes or whatever on your PC. I don't get the point of Digital Copy on Blu-ray releases because if you happen to have a drive which reads Blu-ray on your PC (as I do), then what use will the Digital Copy be to you in the first place, and if you don't, then you can't use the Digital Copy. The mind boggles at Fox sometimes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
Woot woot, can't wait. Im glad we get and unrated version. Maybe the DVD should be a rated version to sway DVD buyers to invest into HDM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
Blind buy for me... I love the games but never got around to seeing this in the theater... and I like Timothy Olyphant... but I still REALLY wish they either used Jason Statham, or David Bateson (the voice actor in the game, and who they based 47s looks around)... but it still looked good, definitely better than every other video game movie out there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
I'll blind buy this. I have to say this though, Fox can release Hitman unrated on Blu, but not Live free or Die Hard? They need to get their crap together and get the unrated Die Hard out now too. I am happy they are giving Blu the unrated version this time though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,680 Posts
Yep, this movie, Silent Hill, and the first MK are the most accurately adapated movies based on a game ever.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Yeah, this movie rocked! Well worth a purchase!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceless Rebel /forum/post/12853380


Anyways the Unrated version of the film (with even more blood!) is now slated for a March release. It will be another one of those Fox Digital Copy releases which includes an SD version of film which you can transfer to iTunes or whatever on your PC. I don't get the point of Digital Copy on Blu-ray releases because if you happen to have a drive which reads Blu-ray on your PC (as I do), then what use will the Digital Copy be to you in the first place, and if you don't, then you can't use the Digital Copy. The mind boggles at Fox sometimes.

the digital copy would be a legal way of transferring the movie to portable devices. keep in mind you arent supposed to be ripping contents of the disc to your hard drive.


wondering if the unrated cut gives us more skin too as well as more blood. i missed this in the theaters so will be giving it at least a rental.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviation /forum/post/12856882


Maybe the digital copy thing will work with the PS3?

think so, for transfer to psp. this is supposedly going to be the new draw and would effectively kill off UMD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcheng122 /forum/post/12856943


think so, for transfer to psp. this is supposedly going to be the new draw and would effectively kill off UMD.

I'm all for it. As long as the copy protection is essentially transparent for going from a Blu-ray Disc in a PS3 to moving the digital copy to the PSP, I think this is a great function that Sony has added.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,905 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceless Rebel /forum/post/12853380


On a videogame movie rating scale of 0 to 10, where 0 was House of the Dead or Alone in the Dark and 10 was Mortal Kombat

If the genre can only STRIVE to be as good as MK, remind me to never go see a video game movie ever again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
522 Posts
im definately buying this on blu-ray...and only a few days ago i was wondering whether or not this is gonna get released on the blu
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHunt /forum/post/12854575


Blind buy for me... I love the games but never got around to seeing this in the theater... and I like Timothy Olyphant... but I still REALLY wish they either used Jason Statham, or David Bateson (the voice actor in the game, and who they based 47s looks around)... but it still looked good, definitely better than every other video game movie out there.

I agree Jason Statham, would have been kick ass. He is bold headed, like the Hitman.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,930 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fareedrizkalla /forum/post/12878920


I agree Jason Statham, would have been kick ass. He is bold headed, like the Hitman.

bold headed or bald headed ?
 
1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Top