AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys..being impressed by the sound/performance of the sunfire sub..i went on a hunt and aquired 3 hivi sp10 ,1 sunfire oem driver and 4 passive radiators from sunfire subs....am going to build a car subwoofer using these..so basically 8 10 inch cones in a wall facing into the cabin..these will be powered by a jbl/crown 6000 watts @ 1 ohm amp..do u guys think this will produce good spl and sound quality?..or shud i use other drivers...each pair..1 active and 1 passive will be in a 1 cuft enclosure

·
Banned
3,677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolgod  /t/1522453/hivi-sunfire-sub-build-for-car#post_24480008

hey guys..being impressed by the sound/performance of the sunfire sub..i went on a hunt and aquired 3 hivi sp10 ,1 sunfire oem driver and 4 passive radiators from sunfire subs....am going to build a car subwoofer using these..so basically 8 10 inch cones in a wall facing into the cabin..these will be powered by a jbl/crown 6000 watts @ 1 ohm amp..do u guys think this will produce good spl and sound quality?..or shud i use other drivers...each pair..1 active and 1 passive will be in a 1 cuft enclosure

I have never understood the use of passive radiators in vehicle setups, especially those vehicle setups where space is plentiful as the benefit to using passive radiators is to keep the size of the enclosures small.

Also, I believe that you can do much better performance wise for less money than those HIVI SP10's and Sunfire 10" drivers with those passive radiators.

I am not completely up to date on what's happening in the car-audio subwoofer relm, but, if it were me, I would just go with perhaps quad Dayton RSS390HF-15's, or, perhaps a nice set of quad 12's from the likes of Fi Car Audio, or DD, or even Stereo Integrity's parent company that produces their car audio line, (can't remember their name off the top of my head).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am just curious..as i got the drivers cheap..and they will work in a very small box and have a massive total cone area...i also have a re xxx 18 d2 but that will call for a huge box

·
Registered
315 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martycool007  /t/1522453/hivi-sunfire-sub-build-for-car/0_100#post_24485550

...or even Stereo Integrity's parent company that produces their car audio line, (can't remember their name off the top of my head).
Sundown

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can someone show me the response curve of these 4 hivi and prs sharing one enclosure with 4000 watts rms with one of those programs..or send me the link to do it myself

1 - 8 of 8 Posts