Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I recently bought a HK 25 (European model) and am very satisfied with it. Supposedly, it is capable of giving out PAL progressive as well, but I have not found any information how to do this.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Labrat

·
Registered
39 Posts
From what I have heard here in Sweden, rumour is that it will be an upgrade for PAL-PS late summer through the swedish harman/kardon dealer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

for european users (230V !) there is a very good way to patch the HK 25 into a region free player and a rumour says, that in a one or two months the patch for pal progressive is coming. The actual patch is recently tried sucessfully by some members of "heimkino *********", a forum in germany. The Hk 25 seems to be a very good dvd player with a performance of high end and a prize of consumer class. In area dvd hardware review the HK 25 got a great recommendation with a prize of 499 Euro.

http://*****************/vbportal/forums/index.php?s= forum heimkino *********

http://www.areadvd.de/ test HK 25

http://www.apache.co.uk/vision/ patch HK 25

Harman Kardon DVD 25

!! IMPORTANT NOTE !!

This software update only works on the International, 230 V version of the DVD 25, and NOT on the 110V American version. The International version can be recognized by the SCART video output on the back.

If your DVD 25 does not have this Scart Video output, please do not run this update.

dvd25_zonefree

1. click on the zip file 'dvd25_zonefree' above to download it.

2. unzip the two .bin files: 'hkdvd25.bin' and 'dvd25_2.bin'.

3. using 1 x copy speed, burn the files on a CD-ROM in a folder called hk_dvd25.

4. insert the CD-ROM in the DVD player.

5. follow the indications: press "up".

6. wait for the software to be loaded until the unit goes into standby.

7. press the "clear" button on the remote control until the unit switches on, and take out the CD-ROM.

RogerCL

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Roger, did you mean b e i s a m m e n ?

I think they were formally ostracized on this forum.

Anyway, thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Grubert,

yes, I have meant b e i s a m m e n. The forum h e i m k i n o b e i s a m m e n , which I´m often reading, is the best visited home theater forum in germany with often high level in threads. I´m wondering about the ostracism of forum h e i m k i n o b e i s a m m e n .

The cold war is over and now we are banning forums. :D

RogerCL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

the web is really worldwide. :) The cited newsletter comes from Audio Imports, South Africa. Thanks for your link, Tomas L.

The newsletter says:

"Progressive Scan NTSC and PAL (Confirmed)"

But the colour of PAL is alas red and the other words are black. Therefore only Progressive Scan NTSC is confirmed. PAL is only a hope. :p

I have to time to wait until the hope is coming true.

"RGB on Scart, Component video and RGB on RCA's, S-Video and Composite on RCA's."

Hence I conclude that Progressive Scan is available by Scart and RCA. It´s right or wrong?

RogerCL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.