for european users (230V !) there is a very good way to patch the HK 25 into a region free player and a rumour says, that in a one or two months the patch for pal progressive is coming. The actual patch is recently tried sucessfully by some members of "heimkino *********", a forum in germany. The Hk 25 seems to be a very good dvd player with a performance of high end and a prize of consumer class. In area dvd hardware review the HK 25 got a great recommendation with a prize of 499 Euro.
This software update only works on the International, 230 V version of the DVD 25, and NOT on the 110V American version. The International version can be recognized by the SCART video output on the back.
If your DVD 25 does not have this Scart Video output, please do not run this update.
1. click on the zip file 'dvd25_zonefree' above to download it.
2. unzip the two .bin files: 'hkdvd25.bin' and 'dvd25_2.bin'.
3. using 1 x copy speed, burn the files on a CD-ROM in a folder called hk_dvd25.
4. insert the CD-ROM in the DVD player.
5. follow the indications: press "up".
6. wait for the software to be loaded until the unit goes into standby.
7. press the "clear" button on the remote control until the unit switches on, and take out the CD-ROM.
yes, I have meant b e i s a m m e n. The forum h e i m k i n o b e i s a m m e n , which IÂ´m often reading, is the best visited home theater forum in germany with often high level in threads. IÂ´m wondering about the ostracism of forum h e i m k i n o b e i s a m m e n .
The cold war is over and now we are banning forums.
There are some rumors in Sweden that all DVD25 sold from sometime in June/July will be able to output PS PAL. According to HK Sweden, the progressive signal can be sent thru the SCART...!?!? (Don't bet on it!)
A forum community dedicated to home theater owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about home audio/video, TVs, projectors, screens, receivers, speakers, projects, DIY’s, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!