AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at buying a used HK347, and the owner says it experiences flicker when trying to run "1080P video". I need a receiver to connect my satellite HDMI (component is already used for a remote TV, 35' away), a future blu-ray player, a CD player, VCR, phono, and a 720P plasma. I want to plan my receiver install as though the TV were a 1080P.

Is the video flicker something that will affect my situation? Is there a "fix" to the problem (firmware update or somesuch)?

·
Registered
820 Posts
That has been covered in the "AVR 247/ 347" thread. It is a heat issue. There is a firmware upgrade available, too. I haven't checked out that thread in a few months, so I'm sure there is some more info there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that thread is about 100 pages. I read the first and last few and didn't find what I was looking for, so I figured I'd just cut to the chase. The asking price of the 347 is 200 bucks, which sounds good if I don't mind the "issue".

·
Registered
820 Posts
Most had a "sparkle" issue when trying to pass 1080P once the receiver was at operating temperature. Mine had red sparklies on the image. Some other people had different but somewhat similar problems. HK has a fix available, but I don't know how that turned out or if anyone tried it:

http://manuals.harman.com/HK/HOM/Ser...-hk2008-01.pdf

Other than that 1080P issue, that is a nice receiver.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts